Are you interested in a career in community building?
If you get a kick out of helping people solve accommodation problems, and helping increase participation in sports and the arts, you’re one of us.
COME ON IN and join the StayBillety 'Stable'. We'll soon be offering careers in technology, affiliate relations, finance, marketing, research and more. Watch this spot for details. We'll post opportunities here.
LAST UPDATED JUNE 7/2018
Marketing/Communications & Social Media Internship (sports emphasis/work remotely)
- Internship General Description
Assist with PR, marketing and communications – specifically social media - for internet start up – StayBillety.com. Four or five positions available. Unpaid internship. Work on site in Kingston, ON and/or remotely.
Perfect for grade 11-12 students (or adults re-entering the workforce), with strong writing/marketing skills, looking to expand their knowledge, build their resumes and build their professional networks.
- Work with a team creating and managing social media content (primary role)
- Support communications initiatives, including media research, marketing, user acquisition, affiliate support
- Assist in ongoing product testing
- Skills Required
- Excellent English language proficiency (written and oral)
- Solid social media skills/fluency (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/YouTube)
- Strong writing, research and organizational skills; an eye for detail
- Interest in working on an internet start up
- Interest in sports marketing
- General computer fluency – happy to dive in and explore new tools
- Comfortable using Word, Excel, Google docs/sheets
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor
- Works successfully both independently and as part of a team
- “Can Do” attitude; ability to: ‘go with the flow’, deal well with shifting winds, maintain a sense of humour and play well with others.
d. Nice to have
- Video and graphic production skills [not required, but mention if you have!]
- Work location
- Work throughout the summer – in Kingston (at Queen's Innovation Park) and on your own schedule (from home)
- Company based in Kingston, ON and Syracuse, NY
- May be asked to work on-site to assist with coordination of events - may require travel
- Timeframe and Hours
June – August (and possibly in to school year) Est. 10-12 hrs/wk – VERY FLEXIBLE around your summer schedules, though must commit to deadlines/deliverables/meetings. May require some occasional weekend/evening work depending on events/deadlines.
- How to Apply
NOTE: This is an unpaid position.
Positions Open until Filled - Send email to email@example.com
- Subject line: SUMMER INTERNSHIP [YOUR NAME]
- Attach resume
- Email text (not an attachment) = 80-100 word (maximum/total) response to these questions:
1) “Why am I interested in this opportunity?”
2) “Why am I the right person for this internship with StayBillety?”
- Write one tweet to @StayBillety demonstrating your knowledge of what we do