Last updated: July 16, 2018
This is a dynamic FAQ. in a dynamic website, built by a dynamic team.
Our members are dynamic too. We're counting on you to give us feedback on how to make this site the best it can be. If you think we've missed something in this FAQ, let us know.
#ComeOnIn - CONTACT US with your questions and feedback if you don't see an answer here.
IS STAYBILLETY MEMBERSHIP FREE?
Yes, we're FREE! There is no fee to join StayBillety. Service fees are charged only when a booking takes place using the site.
For StayBillety Hosts, listing your space is FREE... and, similar to other short-term home rental services, StayBillety Hosts receive 97% of their listed price. (3% service fee to StayBillety). StayBillety Guests are charged a service fee based on their booking, again, similar to other online accommodation services.
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER?
Click on 'REGISTER' on the upper menu and either join using one of your existing social media or email accounts, or create a new StayBillety account.
HOW DO I CREATE A PROFILE?
Have these items on hand when building your member profile:
- a ‘profile’ photo for yourself. SMILE! The StayBillety community is friendly.
- a short description of your own likes/interests prepared
- PayPal account information (what name & email is it attached to) – so you can be paid! (not required for guests)
RESET YOUR PASSWORD
To reset your Password:
1) Go to the Login page: http://www.staybillety.com/users/login
2) Under the Login fields, select 'Forgot Your Password?'
3) A new page opens - input your email and hit 'send'
4) Wait a couple of minutes and you should receive an email with instructions - check your junk/spam mail box in case the message goes there (and be sure to add StayBillety.com to your Safe Sender list)
Interested in meeting new people, listing your space and earning some extra income? Here are our How to List Your Space instructions or read on below...
Already Hosting on another homesharing site? Sharing your space on StayBillety is easy as 1-2-3. Just fill in this questionnaire and we'll get your listing on StayBillety too.
HOST - CREATE YOUR PROFILE
- Add a ‘profile’ PHOTO of yourself. Friendly smiles attract more guests.
- Include a short DESCRIPTION of your own likes/interests.
- Include your PAYPAL ACCOUNT information (what name & email is it attached to) – so you can be paid!
HOST - CLICK ON ‘BECOME A HOST/LIST YOUR PROPERTY’
- TITLE is your property headline. It’s how Guests may spot your listing. Make it catchy!
- Select from the various fields describing your space, and a written DESCRIPTION and HOUSE RULES – be pinpointed! [Not all fields are required and you can always edit later].
- Indicate the GROUPS and EVENTS you support. We will notify you when StayBillety affiliate lists change.
- Indicate the PRICE you want to charge (by day… and optionally, by week or month) – you can edit this in your CALENDAR later if you want different rates for different days of the week, for example.
- Add some clear, bright PHOTOS of your property and space – here is your chance to shine:
- the maximum file size for uploads is 8 MB per file. Be patient. Loading multiple large files at once can take a few minutes as our system processes them.
- File types that can be uploaded are: jpg, gif, png, bmp
- Add a YouTube or Vimeo video of your property if you really want to strut your stuff!
- Hit UPDATE to update/save your listing. You can EDIT your listing at any time
HOST - MANAGE YOUR CALENDAR
- Manage the availability of your property – indicate when your space is available.
- You can download your StayBillety bookings using our iCal or Google calendar functionality.
HOST - EDIT YOUR LISTING OR ADD ADDITIONAL SPACES?
- In the top menu, select BECOME A HOST and then MY PROPERTIES
- Then, follow the instructions above and edit your property or add additional spaces to your list of properties.
1) Click on 'My Properties'
2) Click on 'Edit'
3) ... you can edit your listing from there.
1) From the Top Menu:
2) Click on 'How to Host'
3) Select 'My Properties'
4) Click on 'Edit' on the property you wish to edit
5) ... and things should work from there.
If you have any problems setting up your account or listing, please make note of the issue - including your browser and version (maybe even take a screen capture) and contact us at email@example.com We’re here to help.
We value your feedback, are constantly improving the site and planning for future features. Send your ideas and feedback to that same ‘contact’ email address.
Thanks for becoming a StayBillety host. We’re delighted you’ve chosen to COME ON IN!